Office conference, if not taken care of can end up being torturous for your employees. You’re going to need, apart from perhaps a professional event planner, a number of safeguard measures to avoid everything go downhill. To avoid that, below we have mentioned some of the best and most creative ideas that you can follow in order to fabricate a rocking atmosphere during your next office conference/meeting-
- The Venue: Your boardrooms and conference halls are all great and stuff, but how about the secret that’s not exactly a secret and every office boss is aware of? A boardroom isn’t fun. So to ensure that at least maximum personnel do bother showing up, you have to sell the appeal with the venue that you are choosing. Don’t choose a beach of course, but a nice place with a pleasing view is enough.
- The Kick-off: How you start the conference is will pretty much decide the tone of the meeting all attendees can expect throughout. So may want to start off with a joke or something, but remember that a corny one with no response is just a recipe for awkwardness. A corporate award ceremony is a big deal for your business, and should be treated as such What you can instead do is greet everyone with a warm speech and just try to have a little informal approach at least at the beginning.
- Always share the growth and progress: During your office conference, it is imperative to reflect on the growth curve your business is experiencing in order to sustain everyone’s motivation and enthusiasm during the conference. If the business is going through a rough patch however, you can still point out individuals for their brilliant work rate and dedication towards their jobs. That is an excellent way of boosting the general vibe within the conference.
- Offer Cuisines: Take a break in between, let everyone catch their breath and in the meantime offer them some minor refreshments/ snacks. You can even serve them some local cuisines if the conference is at some new place. The subordinates that way feel rejuvenated and re-energized for another few rounds of Presentations and strategy-building.
- The ice-breaking talk: Simple things like occasional quotation rounds and similar ice-breaking talks just have been working for years. Not exactly a fresh idea, but an effective one for sue and so had to be included. In order to start and/or continue meetings with the right energy throughout, conference leaders can start a game or activity that gets everyone going.
- Be personal: During a conference, the best thing to happen is that the fellow colleagues and employees can relate to you, can be open about their business ideas without hesitating. These talks can help break down walls and initiate deep, meaningful conversations among staff members. This tip is helpful in promoting employee-to-employee bond, strengthen the boss-employee relationship, and generate an overall vibe.
- Ask your employees: As an extension to the previous point, ask your employees for their business ideas because sometimes, you can discover a diamond lying at a place where you have never really looked at before. This philosophy can be applied at the very end of a conference meeting as well where employees can be encouraged to give their feedback and business tips.
- The Final Frontier: Ending with a bang is a smarter choice than with a whimper, I mean obviously. Don’t let things drag on since you run the risk of a positive thing turning bitter. Offer a parting quote, maybe a round of applause, or a joke, etc. these are some of the things you can do to end the whole conference on a memorable note.
Conclusion: At MTM Events, we offer you the best office event management in Singapore. Having been in the industry for a number of years now, we retain a core of highly skillful and creative personnel that will breathe new life into your next event or party. The services we offer cover the whole spectrum of parties and events, namely-
THEME DINNER FUNCTIONS
And so much more…
How to write an event PR that makes the audience look forward to your event?
One cannot question how effective a press release is in communicating your message to the target audience, and the media. But, drafting a well-written and precise PR is the key to an effective marketing strategy that gives you the right shout out. It helps people get your message, amongst the swarm of other event information available over different sources.
An effective PR event strategy can give you the coverage you aim for, and further grab interest and registrations for your event from potential customers, and event-goers. But before we talk about how to PR the right way, it is imperative to understand why should you even do a PR?
Firstly, it initiates a conversation with the audience. It definitely should be included in a marketing strategy as it is the ultimate way for the ‘consumers’ to receive information from/about your brand. Especially for an event, it is a strategic and direct outreach that helps you create a buzz, making people talk about you.
How to form a press release that brings all the attention on you?
An effective PR can help prop you or drop you. Fortunately, if you spend the time to deliver it right, you can put the odds in your favor.
Include your location, event theme & event name-
Clearly state the details of the event including what it is about, the venue and the theme.
A PR should not be heightened or adorned with fancy words or jargons. It should be simply put together, enhancing the readability and making sure the audience understands the intended message.
“The first impression is the last impression,” one can’t emphasize enough on the importance of a catchy headline! It is the first thing that gets your attention when you come across any informational piece. Therefore, choose a crisp headline and try to include the most searched keywords in it.
Include a descriptive subheading-
Although it is elective, can help customer’s get a hint of the event about to take place.
Strategically inculcate the 5W’s and 1H, in concise, and well-ordered sentences. The first paragraph should include most of the information, followed by succeeding paragraphs. The first paragraph needs to be elaborative, communicating important things that you want the readers to know. Spend time to ponder on the interest and habits of your target customers and build your PR accordingly.
For instance – Introducing a new spa service
Target customers- men/women aged 25-60 years who enjoy recreational/leisure activities.
- Summarize your last paragraph, and don’t forget to mention your contact details such as – website address, contact number, etc. Allocate a point person for the readers to direct their inquiries.
Still startled about where to begin within framing your own press release? You can refer to Newswire, Businesswire, Pressroom Today, PRWeb, etc for some great examples.
An effective PR not just focuses on providing a lot of information, but finding interesting ways to share it with the audience as well. Make sure you write the press release to connect rather than bringing up an uninteresting article that just plainly states that “an event is happening.”