Office conference, if not taken care of can end up being torturous for your employees. You’re going to need, apart from perhaps a professional event planner, a number of safeguard measures to avoid everything go downhill. To avoid that, below we have mentioned some of the best and most creative ideas that you can follow in order to fabricate a rocking atmosphere during your next office conference/meeting-
- The Venue: Your boardrooms and conference halls are all great and stuff, but how about the secret that’s not exactly a secret and every office boss is aware of? A boardroom isn’t fun. So to ensure that at least maximum personnel do bother showing up, you have to sell the appeal with the venue that you are choosing. Don’t choose a beach of course, but a nice place with a pleasing view is enough.
- The Kick-off: How you start the conference is will pretty much decide the tone of the meeting all attendees can expect throughout. So may want to start off with a joke or something, but remember that a corny one with no response is just a recipe for awkwardness. A corporate award ceremony is a big deal for your business, and should be treated as such What you can instead do is greet everyone with a warm speech and just try to have a little informal approach at least at the beginning.
- Always share the growth and progress: During your office conference, it is imperative to reflect on the growth curve your business is experiencing in order to sustain everyone’s motivation and enthusiasm during the conference. If the business is going through a rough patch however, you can still point out individuals for their brilliant work rate and dedication towards their jobs. That is an excellent way of boosting the general vibe within the conference.
- Offer Cuisines: Take a break in between, let everyone catch their breath and in the meantime offer them some minor refreshments/ snacks. You can even serve them some local cuisines if the conference is at some new place. The subordinates that way feel rejuvenated and re-energized for another few rounds of Presentations and strategy-building.
- The ice-breaking talk: Simple things like occasional quotation rounds and similar ice-breaking talks just have been working for years. Not exactly a fresh idea, but an effective one for sue and so had to be included. In order to start and/or continue meetings with the right energy throughout, conference leaders can start a game or activity that gets everyone going.
- Be personal: During a conference, the best thing to happen is that the fellow colleagues and employees can relate to you, can be open about their business ideas without hesitating. These talks can help break down walls and initiate deep, meaningful conversations among staff members. This tip is helpful in promoting employee-to-employee bond, strengthen the boss-employee relationship, and generate an overall vibe.
- Ask your employees: As an extension to the previous point, ask your employees for their business ideas because sometimes, you can discover a diamond lying at a place where you have never really looked at before. This philosophy can be applied at the very end of a conference meeting as well where employees can be encouraged to give their feedback and business tips.
- The Final Frontier: Ending with a bang is a smarter choice than with a whimper, I mean obviously. Don’t let things drag on since you run the risk of a positive thing turning bitter. Offer a parting quote, maybe a round of applause, or a joke, etc. these are some of the things you can do to end the whole conference on a memorable note.
Conclusion: At MTM Events, we offer you the best office event management in Singapore. Having been in the industry for a number of years now, we retain a core of highly skillful and creative personnel that will breathe new life into your next event or party. The services we offer cover the whole spectrum of parties and events, namely-
THEME DINNER FUNCTIONS
And so much more…
5 Ways Your Business Is Wasting Resources
Waste. No business likes waste, and if your business is very wasteful, you will be losing more than just money!
Businesses define waste in different ways; it could waste materials, resources, talent, and even time.
How you measure wastage is up to you, but if you are not focused on reducing waste across the board, you will see the result in your bottom-line profit, and your business will be at risk of being unstainable.
Lean manufacturing or lean production is a methodology that businesses use to reduce waste at every level, and it is a process that is highly valuable to all kinds of companies regardless of industry.
To get lean production right, it is best to employ a professional to organize your business and processes to get the best out of them. A professional who has completed a masters in lean manufacturing will have the industry knowledge to organize your business properly, and they will know how to set-up processes to ensure waste is minimized and how to look at every aspect of your business day to day running to ensure that you’re working to the most efficient potential you have.
Getting qualified individuals on board to do this job will pay for itself in dividends, just as your accounts will pay for themselves in the end!
While every industry and every business is different, many common themes run through every business, which will lead to wastage; improving these wasteful habits will help your business become more profitable and survive in more turbulent times.
Here are five ways your business is likely to be wasteful and what you can do to address it and improve your processes.
If you have quality control issues, you are likely to have some serious problems with products either not passing muster or being returned to you as unfit for purpose.
In both of those circumstances, your business will be losing money and wasting your resources, having to make the products again to pass the quality mark both you and your customers expect.
Getting quality control right is the safety net your business needs, especially in manufacturing, because you will be able to catch issues at source and rectify them before they run out of control and become bigger issues.
No matter what business you are in, having the right machinery and technology for your staff to use is critical.
Put very simply, without the right tools to do the job, there is no way your employees can produce good work, whether that is a piece of manufacturing machinery that keeps breaking down, leading to delays, or getting the right laptop for your specialist employees to work to the best of their abilities on.
Poor tools equal shoddy work. Period.
Process efficiencies are something that many businesses strive for, and few ever manage properly.
It is a throwaway line to say your business is both innovative and efficient, and it is also untrue because being innovative is highly inefficient, and being efficient means being less innovative.
Getting to a level of balance between the two is vital, and improving your processes to the point that they work and are efficient for all of your employees is an important step to building your business.
In terms of waste, not understanding your customer’s perspective can cause friction, both in getting your customers to buy materials and them being annoyed by the final product.
If your customer values quality over quantity, it is likely that they will be less interested in how much physical waste of the raw materials is produced because their focus will be on ensuring that the final product is the very best standard it can be.
For other customers, especially those who value quantity over quality, wasting raw materials is a no-no and will cause big issues for both you and them down the line.
It is absolutely critical that you understand where your customer’s value line is and have that conversation with them beforehand.
One of the biggest areas of physical waste for businesses is poor stock management, especially when it comes to perishable stock.
Not knowing what you have in stock to complete the job or to sell directly to customers will mean you end up wasting resources and thus wasting money at the same time.