Connect with us

Entertainment News

Sushant Singh Rajput Case: Bihar DGP Feels Mumbai Police Is Highly Professional and Will Cooperate in the Matter

Published

on

As the mystery of Sushant Singh Rajput’s death gets murkier with new revelations leaping out of the dark everyday, two probe teams have been trying to get a foot-hold — the Mumbai Police who have been at it for over 45 days and the recent new entrant their Bihar counterparts post July 25. Allegation were raised that a four-member police team from Patna, which went to Mumbai to probe in to the alleged suicide of the 32-year-old actor who belonged to Bihar’s Purnea, has not been getting cooperation from their Marathi counterparts. On Saturday, Bihar Director General of Police Gupteshwar Pandey spoke to the media in a bid to calm the atmosphere saying the Mumbai Police is “highly professional” and he hoped to get cooperation from them. Sushant Singh Rajput Death Case: Maharashtra Police Just Doing Formality, Says Actor’s Relative and BJP MLA Niraj Kumar Singh Babloo

Talking to journalists in Patna, the DGP accepted that though his team was yet to get a hold of the post-mortem report, photo of the crime scene, video and other ‘documents’ but he has full faith that all these will soon be made available to the Bihar team. The DGP said he is expecting full support from the Maharashtra government and its professional police. Sushant had died on June 14 in his Bandra residence and Mumbai Police is yet to register an FIR. It was on July 25, that the late actor’s father registered the first FIR in the case at Rajiv Nagar police station in Patna. Sushant Singh Rajput Death Case: Supreme Court to Hear Rhea Chakraborty’s Investigation Transfer Plea on August 5

Pandey said, “Rhea Chakraborty, the main accused in the Sushant Singh alleged suicide case, has moved the Supreme Court to transfer the case to Mumbai. In such a situation, it is expected that Mumbai Police will be waiting for the order of the Supreme Court. “I am sure Mumbai Police will definitely accept whatever order the Supreme Court gives in this matter.” The Bihar Police chief denied that Mumbai Police misbehaved with the Bihar Police team, a video of which went viral on the social media. The DGP said that there is no such thing. He said that Mumbai Police is “professional” and everyone has high expectations from them.

Pandey said the members of Bihar Police team that went to Mumbai are constantly investigating the case and Mumbai Police DCP Crime has also assured full cooperation. He said, “The Bihar Police team met DCP Crime in Mumbai and they have assured that they will co-operate. They too are awaiting the decision of the Supreme Court in this case. After that they will give us all the documents. Then we will be able to investigate the matter independently and as I have said earlier that Bihar Police is fully capable of investigating this matter. Not only Bihar, the whole country today wants to know the truth in this matter. Bihar Police is engaged in bringing out the truth.”

The DGP said that Bihar Police is currently working on the basis of evidence. He said, “After Sushant’s death, I was among those who first met his family. Sushant’s father has lodged an FIR. Bihar Police team is in Mumbai. Our senior IPS officers are in touch with the Mumbai Police. We are awaiting the order of the Supreme Court. Before that we are working on the basis of evidence.”

Pandey also said that Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was deeply saddened by the untimely demise of a talented actor. He said, “I had said this to his father when I went to meet him at his house after receiving the news of Sushant’s demise. I said I have come to you with CM’s condolence message. In this difficult moment, the entire state is with you and that is why I am again saying that as the head of Bihar Police, I assure you the justice on behalf of the entire state.”

On July 25, Sushant’s father K.K. Singh registered a case against Rhea Chakraborty and six others, including her family members for abetting his son to commit suicide. After the case was registered, Bihar Police reached Mumbai and started investigating the case. Rhea Chakraborty has, however, approached the Supreme Court to shift the case to Mumbai. A decision in this regard is to be made on August 5 in the top court.

(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Aug 01, 2020 07:31 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment News

Indian 2: Kamal Haasan, Shankar Give 1 Crore Each to Families of Crew Members Who Tragically Died in the Crane Accident On Set

Published

on

In an unfortunate incident, an accident claimed the lives of three technicians on the set of director Shankar’s Indian 2 in February. The unfortunate incident left everyone saddened and the film’s lead star Kamal Haasan as well as the film’s production house condoled the incident and had promised financial aid for the families of those injured and died due to the accident. Now, the producers of the film, director Shankar and actor Kamal Haasan issued check to the families who were affected due to the accident. The film’s director, actor and producer came forward to 1 cr each to the families of four who lost their lives in the crane accident. Indian 2 Shooting Accident: 3 Die After Crane Crashes At Movie Sets; Kamal Hassan Escapes Unhurt.

For the uninitiated, the deceased were identified as Krishna and Madhu, who were assistant directors in director Shankar’s team, and also Chandran from the catering team. The freak accident happened as a crane with heavy-duty light came crashing down. Haasan was captured along with director Shankar and Lyca Productions’ heads as they recently handed over financial aid to the families of the deceased.

Kamal Haasan, Shankar Provide Financial Aid to Families of Deceased in the Crane Accident:

Taking to Twitter after the news of the accident was reported on February 26, director Shankar had tweeted saying, “It is with utmost grief, I’m tweeting. Since the tragic incident, I’ve been in a state of shock & having sleepless nights on the loss of my AD & crew. Having missed the crane by a whisker,I feel it would’ve been better if it was on me. Heartfelt condolences & prayers to the families.”Indian 2 Crane Accident: Fans Of Kamal Haasan Are Heartbroken After 3 Technicians Die On The Set – Read Tweets.

Reacting to the accident in February, Haasan had spoken about the compensation being a means to help the families monetarily and could in no way recover the loss that they had incurred. He was quoted saying, “This is not a compensation for what we have lost, its just a first-aid for the families. The permanent solution is to prevent such accidents.”

(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Aug 06, 2020 07:29 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).

Continue Reading

Trending