Dr. Kiran Kancharia explains in detail the two types of radioactive seed implants used on patients with prostate cancer.
Lewisville, TX – Dec 27, 2018 – Prostate seed implants are one of the advancements made in prostate cancer treatment. They are minimally invasive, same day procedures with very few complications and side effects. Small radioactive seeds are implanted into the tumor cavity where they break down and release small doses of radiation to the site. Prostate seed implants can be administered alone or alongside other therapies in cases of high risk or advanced stages of the disease.
“The procedure of prostate seed implant takes about an hour, and has low energy sources with little tissue penetration,” explained Dr. Kancharia. “After the implant, the patient can go back home on the same day and return to normal activities within a few days.”
The two types of prostate seed implants (brachytherapy) include:
• Permanent (Low Dose Rate) Brachytherapy – This is a treatment procedure for localized prostate cancer. The doctor implants radioactive seeds into the prostate gland guided by an ultrasound. The computer generates a treatment that determines the number of seeds and the location they’ll be placed in the prostate. The implants stay permanently in place and gradually become biologically inert after some months. Doses of radiation are delivered with minimal damage to the surrounding tissues.
• Temporary (High Dose Rate) Brachytherapy – This is used to treat men with locally advanced prostate cancer or those with intermediate risk. Hollow catheters or needles are placed into the prostate gland. They are then filled with radioactive material for five to fifteen minutes. The radioactive material is removed after each treatment. The procedure is repeated two to three times for a few days. The catheters or needles are removed after the final treatment.
“Seed implants are designed for patients with less aggressive, localized prostate cancer,” continued Dr. Kancharia. “Proper placement of the implants is guided by an MRI or CAT scan. A transrectal ultrasound could be carried out at the same time as the radioactive seed implant.”
About Lewisville/Flower Mound Oncology Group
The Lewisville/Flower Mound Oncology Group has state-of-the-art facilities that offer individualized care to patients throughout North Texas. With a team of expert oncologists and other specialists on staff, the Lewisville/Flower Mound Oncology Group treats a variety of cancers and blood disorders with an eye towards the newest advancements available in diagnostic technology and treatments.
Lewisville/Flower Mound Oncology Group
500 W. MainSuite 380
Lewisville, Texas 75057
John Miller changed the game by dropping the new collection of trousers
Nothing beats the joy of having a remarkable day at work and getting the appreciation of your boss until you’re the boss. All those who are living in the corporate world knows how important it is to manage the impression in the workplace and to make a place for themselves. A significant part of managing this impression is the way you dress to your workplace.
A lot of us face this problem of not being able to find the right style for ourselves and be comfortable at the same time. Choosing the right pair of clothing that can fit the bill is quite tricky, but John Miller says no more to the problem.
John Miller, with their amazing new collection of featured trousers, have just made things easy for the souls stuck in the corporate world. The new line of trousers of John Miller consists of six different types of trousers which are a perfect fit for almost all the situations that you can think of. Collection includes:
- Acti-Flex: The trousers are literally designed for Superman. Flexibility, comfort, an extra zipper pocket for those days full of hustle, they’ve got it all.
- Auto Adjust: The trousers adjust automatically as per your waist. Some might say that these trousers are smart, we’ll say they are just smartly designed.
- Feather Lite: Aren’t we all looking for something like this. Wear stylish trousers and yet feel no weight of carrying them around.
- Diet: The light trousers that are slim and fits you like tailored made from the start.
- Dress Pants: Well, these are just perfect for the situations when you have meetings one after the other and have to be at your best the entire day. The super crease of these trousers is something that won’t wear off the whole day even if you run around and stretch full day.
- Khakis: These trousers are the multitaskers, they are stain repellent, keep those microbes away and don’t let the dust settle. So, if it’s your day out, then these trousers will be your companion throughout the day.
We hope that we might have solved one of your problems or we should say John Miller has. With all these entirely different and unique ranges of work wear trousers get things done in style. All these trousers are available at the Central Mall near you. Where to find one?
Here the link to locate the nearest Central mall near your location so that you can rush off and grab your John Miller’s.