Dr. Echt explains the various imaging tests that help in determining how far prostate cancer has spread.
Irving, Texas – Dec 23, 2018 – Imaging tests use magnetic fields, X-rays, radioactive substances or sound waves to generate pictures of the inside of a patient’s body. Doctors use results from digital rectal exams, prostate-specific antigen level results and the Gleason score from the outcomes of biopsy to find out if cancer has progressed outside the prostate. It is still controversial, though, whether healthy men without prostate cancer symptoms should undergo screening for prostate cancer.
“The information received from the DRE, PSA and the Gleason score is what will decide if a patient requires imaging tests to check whether cancer has spread beyond the prostate,” explained Dr. Echt. “Patients with low PSA levels, Gleason score, and a normal DRE do not need further tests because they have low chances of cancer spreading.”
• Bone scan – A bone scan uses a radioactive tracer to check inside the bones. The tracer is injected into the patient’s vein to collect in bone areas that have metabolic activity. On the camera, a healthy bone appears gray, but when injured, it appears dark.
• CT scan – CT scans are used to measure the size of a tumor. They create 3D images of inside the body and combines them to detailed cross-sectional view which shows any tumors. Sometimes a patient is made to swallow or is injected with a contrast dye before the scan to ensure more explicit images.
• PET scan – PET scans are used to detect and monitor the activity of the cancer cells in the prostate. Pet can be combined with CT scan (PET-CT) or used alone to create detailed images of tissues and organs inside the body. Research is ongoing to enable the use of different substances such as choline acetate, prostate-specific membrane antigen and fluciclovine with PET scans to detect prostate cancer.
• MRI scan – MRIs uses magnetic fields to produce detailed images of the body. They can also be used to measure the size of a tumor.
“After diagnostic tests for prostate cancer have been performed, doctors will review the results with the patient,” continued Dr. Echt. “If your diagnosis is cancer, the results will help doctors to stage cancer and develop a treatment plan.”
About The Prostate Seed Institute
The Prostate Seed Institute is one of the country’s leading pioneers in prostate cancer treatment including prostate seed implementation, a fast and painless procedure that effectively treats prostate cancer in its earliest stages. With a team of oncology experts and a state-of-the-art facility, the Prostate Seed Institute provides prostate cancer patients with the most comprehensive treatment available.
The Prostate Seed Institute
7415 Las Colinas Blvd, Suite 100
Irving, Texas, 75063
John Miller changed the game by dropping the new collection of trousers
Nothing beats the joy of having a remarkable day at work and getting the appreciation of your boss until you’re the boss. All those who are living in the corporate world knows how important it is to manage the impression in the workplace and to make a place for themselves. A significant part of managing this impression is the way you dress to your workplace.
A lot of us face this problem of not being able to find the right style for ourselves and be comfortable at the same time. Choosing the right pair of clothing that can fit the bill is quite tricky, but John Miller says no more to the problem.
John Miller, with their amazing new collection of featured trousers, have just made things easy for the souls stuck in the corporate world. The new line of trousers of John Miller consists of six different types of trousers which are a perfect fit for almost all the situations that you can think of. Collection includes:
- Acti-Flex: The trousers are literally designed for Superman. Flexibility, comfort, an extra zipper pocket for those days full of hustle, they’ve got it all.
- Auto Adjust: The trousers adjust automatically as per your waist. Some might say that these trousers are smart, we’ll say they are just smartly designed.
- Feather Lite: Aren’t we all looking for something like this. Wear stylish trousers and yet feel no weight of carrying them around.
- Diet: The light trousers that are slim and fits you like tailored made from the start.
- Dress Pants: Well, these are just perfect for the situations when you have meetings one after the other and have to be at your best the entire day. The super crease of these trousers is something that won’t wear off the whole day even if you run around and stretch full day.
- Khakis: These trousers are the multitaskers, they are stain repellent, keep those microbes away and don’t let the dust settle. So, if it’s your day out, then these trousers will be your companion throughout the day.
We hope that we might have solved one of your problems or we should say John Miller has. With all these entirely different and unique ranges of work wear trousers get things done in style. All these trousers are available at the Central Mall near you. Where to find one?
Here the link to locate the nearest Central mall near your location so that you can rush off and grab your John Miller’s.